Sunday, May 3, 2009

Last night at Home

Tonight is my last night at home, and tomorrow the much awaited adventure begins. If I told you I was excited it would be a lie. Emotions are flowing like no tomorrow and I'm basically feeling nerves galore. I know once I say goodbye to my parents and congregate with the other Students who are headed to Nicaragua things will be better, but until then I am nervous, scared, teary and anxious to say the least. My stomach feels like it's hit the floor, and though it could be the malaria pills, I feel like ti's nerves getting the best of me.

The hardest part about leaving for the summer is not being able to see my family. They are the greatest support system anyone could ask for, however with them in another country things don't feel as warm and cuddly. I have received some wonderful face book messages, e-mails, phone calls and letters from the people that believe in me, and they have meant the world to me. I am planning on printing them off and reading them in those dark moments when home is the number one thought on my brain. I just want to thank everyone for their support and It just a few weeks I will be back with many stories to tell. The next time I will be writing is when I will be settled into my temporary home in Central America, hopefully with a few stories to share as well.

Peace

4 comments:

  1. jess - you will do WONDERFULLY!
    i am also collecting letters from friends and family to get me through the dark moments :)
    jessica v and i don't leave until saturday... and i have SO much to do before than - but safe travels, good luck tomorrow, and have fun! keep in touch. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, have a safe flight and wonderful travels! You will have a marvelous time. Have a safe flight! Can't wait to hear from you from Nicaragua! xo Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. take care gorgeous lady and most of all, take care of you!! There will be many people in need of care and love down there, but you are the most important to us.

    Can't wait for a Starbucks reunion.

    Love and stuff

    ReplyDelete