Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wash em and dry em

There isn´t a day that goes by that I don´t learn something, get frustrated and confuses, a little less frustrated, unconfused and grow a little more. It´s been ten days here in Esteli.. which only means one simple thing. Ten pairs of underwear have come and gone and my supply is depleting faster than I can type this blog.

Today I was introduced to that art of washing clothes.. by hand. After dipping, soaping, scrubbing, rinsing, ringing and repeating about 20 times not only did I walk away sweaty with a sore back, I also walked away with clean clothes and appreciated for the way of life here. You can´t just throw a shirt in the washer and 40 minutes have it come out just like new. No- like most things here it take mucho time and even more patience to accomplish anything. The sun failed to disappoint today, like most days in Central America and I was left with a pile of clean clothes AND underwear washed by my own two little hands and dried by the sun' oh the feelings of gratitude. Rather than resorting to the old wear em inside out, they are clean and I am happy.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Just think of all these new skills that you are learning and a better understanding of the daily live of the country that you are visiting. Miss you lots,
    Lots of love,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete