Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Off We Go!

This past year has flown by, and the things I have learned with our two required classes, from Scott, Joanna and all the other BBers and our volunteer hours have been priceless. I think these classes as well as our time at The Working Centre have prepared us as much as possible. I remember this time last year applying for the program and thinking I bombed the interview. I had no idea that I would be accepted and even if I did get accepted I wasn't entirely sure I would go through with the program.. and here it is! Two classes down, 18 hrs accomplished and countless chats that have been about our excitements, fears, hopes etc. It has been a whirl wind but one that has taught me so much about myself and about having faith and trust in others. Though I'll still be teary, and probably slightly afraid when I get on the airplane I know that I am as prepared as I'm ever going to be so now it's time to jump off the diving board and into what we've been talking about for so long!

I believe that International Service learning is not only important, but crucial to the development of human beings. It teaches people about themselves, about whats going on in the world and about how important the role of a single person can be. I hope to come back and really be able to reflect on the importance of international service learning and what it has meant to me. I can't wait to jump in and really see what it is all about, and what I have been talking about for so long! All for now,

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment