Wednesday, July 22, 2009

feeling bittersweet.

I began my journey here writing in my journal every night without fail and blogging at least once or twice a week. It was a time of reflection, solitude and the only way I could sort out all the crap
that was going on. However, Now, days and days can pass before I even think about writing anything down.

I like to write about the new, the unexpected, the challenging and the frustrating. All of the things I was first worried about all seem so minimal now, it´s crazy how things change so quickly. Since the beginning of the month I have finally felt a sense of calm, a sense that has been long over due. I have a routine, some form of a family, I can walk down the streets and recognize people, I can ride the bus and NOT get lost- it´s a great feeling when your living it comfortably especially after all the bumps in the road in order to get to this place. It´s a very bittersweet moment here in Nicaragua because part of me loves it here finally, and the other half wants to jump on the next plan just so I can see my family.- i guess i like them a bit. All is well here in Nicaragua and it´s crazy to think that in a few short weeks I will be back readjusting to life in Canada. Life is as interesting and crazy as ever.

1 comment:

  1. shiverssss so great to hear that you are HAPPY!
    But also so excited to know you're coming home so soon =)... you're right, it is bittersweet.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete