Wednesday, April 1, 2009

As things come to an end..

Yesterday, just like any other Tuesday; i made my way to The Woring Centre just a little bit after 12,ordered the usual and sat by the window. I got some serious people watching in, a little homework and some small talk with one man who also comes in every Tuesday. Finally as things have become routine and comfortable they're supposed to change again. I know the volunteers in the caf and some of the people that come in on a regular basis, I know where things are supposed to go in the art space and what projects are on the go..basically -I finally feel at home at TWC .. which is great.. but as the semester wraps up so does our time at TWC.

Since yesterday was supposed to be my last day, I brought my sheet to be signed by my supervisor and was prepared to say a little goodbye to the new friends I have made in the last few months. When I think about it today, I think I as well as both Mischa and Leeanne knew that just because my hours were finished didn't mean i'd be gone. So when it neared four o'clock I packed up for the bus and promised to be back the following week to finish a rug on the loom... and probably each week until I leave for the summer. It was really nice to know that they wanted me to continue voluntering and that they appreciated my company just as I appreciate theirs. There are so many things still to learn at TWC i thought, why stop now?

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about TWC. I will most definitely go back, especially when I get back from Honduras! I'd like to try to get there one more time before I go home but we shall see.

    You had better find me when you get back! We should make Starbucks a habit

    ReplyDelete