Monday, March 23, 2009

Lagging Behind

It's been forever since my last post and it's not that I haven't been wanting to write, or that i don't care about the blogs. I feel with each post it is harder and harder to come up with something to focus on, a hot topic of learning or ambition or something that someone will find great to read. As the program comes to an end (at least the pre-departure program) I feel like we've covered almost everything that needs to be covered and now it's more or less a waiting game.

I appreciate all of the opportunities that have been available to us during these last two semesters. The seminars as well as the hands on work at TWC and our conferences with Joanna have made me feel much more prepared for the adventure that awaits. The seminar on Saturday was a great way to connect back with Lisa and Mary Bee who have been helping us get ready since the very beginning. St. Jerome's students were also lucky enough to have the last seminar with the group from Kings College in London. It was great to meet other students who have similar interests, fears and questions. They were a great group to spend the day with and i look forward to seeing them in August at the re-integration seminar. The seminar itself was a little frightening at times, yet very informative as a whole. We learned the protocol for certain situations that we hope never to deal with, but gained the knowledge just in case we have too. I didn't like thinking about possible problems because it really just adds to my list of mounting worries but I know how helpful it was because if similar situations do arise at least I will be well informed as to what I should do!

On another note I am almost finished my hours at The Working Centre and I am a little sad to see it come to an end. Every Tuesday I make my way down there for lunch. I really enjoy the atmosphere there and i seem to get a lot of homework done as well. I love working in the art space and I have gained a new appreciation for many many things. Throughout the last few weeks I've learned how to weave, knit, makes teas, salves, lib balms - and all with natural products. I hope that when I return from Nicaragua I will still be able to spend some time there once in awhile!

As the weeks pass I still cannot believe that I'll be leaving soon. It's a jumbled feeling of excitement and sheer fear, I can't wait to finish the last few weeks of school and enter into a summer of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment