Monday, August 17, 2009

lots of gratitude

With wrapping up the final week of work it has brought many different feelings to the surface. I still have two weeks here but because it's more like a vacation than anything those two weeks have a different mentality. The final days bring happiness, sadness, many goodbyes and an appreciation for all of the wonderful support I have received since leaving three months ago.

Before I left I couldn't tell you how anything would play out, and that even includes the kind of support I would receive from the people I left behind. Now don't get me wrong, I knew everyone would be rooting for me, but I also know that people are very busy. Busy with work, school, family and adventures of their own. However through an abundance of e-mails, letters, phone calls and blog comments I have never felt so loved and supported. Those efforts was enough for me to know 'I'm not alone' especially in the darker days of the trip, and for that I want to thank you all! I couldn't have lasted without the help, I couldn't have lived through the dark days without know the lighter days would come. I am very grateful for having such wonderful friends and family that these last few days have me thinking about you all. Thank you for cheering me on in the times of triumph and comforting me in the times of defeat. Can't wait to see you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment